Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'...


...that this raging sore throat takes a damn hike OMG GO AWAAAAY YOU GERMY GNARLY JACKASS!

Ahem.

Y'all, imma keep this short and sweet (unlike the post preceding this one which, hey, if you have a moment, I'd love for you to read it) (although, come to think of it, that post about my dad really isn't long at all).

Behold:

I have a cold and a sore throat.
I have a big-deal of an annual chorale concert at a fancy conservatorium hall on Saturday night.
I have a solo at the concert, too.
I have a fear that the cold won't go away enough to let me sing like a champ.
I have a middle finger for this damn cold.
I have expletive-laden thoughts for it.

You get the picture.

I had Tuesday and yesterday off work, thinking rest and medication would go a long way and: yeah, not so much. It helped a little bit but not as much as one would hope. Speaking of hope, I'm hopeful that the cold will go away (like, A WHOLE LOT) over the next two days.  IT HAS TO, AMIRITE?!

Sorry for the yelling, ACK!

Back in May I had bronchitis and I still sang (well) at a concert.  Don't ask me how, I've blocked it from memory.  (Although I did have a shot of grappa/"rakija" before the concert so: maybe that temporarily kicked the bacteria's ass?)

I've just bought some new cough-specific cold/flu tablets, Manuka honey, and I'm gargling with Betadine Sore Throat Gargle.  Eating lots of vegies too, drinking fluids, the whole nine yards. I've read about people slicing an onion and leaving it by the bed, apparently it sucks out the bacteria or something...?

If you have a speedy sore throat remedy, hit me up in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Tea is always my solution for all throat pains. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hun, I usually drink strong ginger tea with honey and that does the trick. Hope you're doing much better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you know the usual… gargle with salt water, drink hot water with honey… how was the show??? I'm sure your voice sounded beautiful (and hope you were feeling well enough!)

    Well, since this is a month late, it doesn't serve much purpose for me to give you advice on your ailing sore throat BUT I hope you gave it the middle finger and more importantly HOWINTHEHELLAREYOU?!?! Did you have yourselves a merry little Christmas? How about the New Year? Where have you been? What's new with you? How obnoxious am I with the questioning? :)

    Missing you, sister. XOXO

    ReplyDelete